Random questions not working (Moodle 1.7+)

Random questions not working (Moodle 1.7+)

by Fernando Cardeal -
Number of replies: 3

Hi folks,

I have been using random questions regularly with Moodle since release 1.5, but when I upgraded to release 1.7 they have stopped to work and I get this message: This type of question is not installed in Moodle (well, I am not quite sure of the translation to English because I use Moodle in Portuguese). I have browsed the Administration menu and found nothing about this. Is there anything missing in my Moodle installation? Please help.

Any help is appreciated. Best regards.

Fernando

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Fernando Cardeal

Re: Random questions not working (Moodle 1.7+)

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Random question should still be there, and working in the same way. Something must have gone wrong during your upgrade, but without more information, it is not possible to say what that might have been.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Fernando Cardeal -

Hi Tim,

As I have many courses running, do you think it is advisable to reinstall Moodle? On the other hand, what kind of information is necessary to get more help?

Thanks a lot.

Fernando

In reply to Fernando Cardeal

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Reinstalling should not be necessary.

It might be helpful to install a copy of 1.7+ on your hardware (beside your live install) and confirm that random questions work there.

Then proabably the next thing to check, is to compare the database table definitions between that clean install and you live version, to see if there are any differences that look worrying.