"Check for missing strings" in languages function

"Check for missing strings" in languages function

by Jay Melton -
Number of replies: 2
Hello all:

I just upgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.2.1. I'm working through the Configuration files now. Clicking on "Check for missing strings" there turns up quite a lot of errors. Here's a sample of the first few lines:

Warning: touch(): Unable to create file /home/mixtli/public_html/moodle/lang/en_us/admin.php because Permission denied in /home/mixtli/public_html/moodle/admin/lang.php on line 85

/home/mixtli/public_html/moodle/lang/en_us/admin.php is missing

Warning: touch(): Unable to create file /home/mixtli/public_html/moodle/lang/en_us/algebra.php because Permission denied in /home/mixtli/public_html/moodle/admin/lang.php on line 85

/home/mixtli/public_html/moodle/lang/en_us/algebra.php is missing

This goes on for over 100 lines with a Continue link. Is there anything I need to set/change/configure?

Jay
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jay Melton

Re: "Check for missing strings" in languages function

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Don't worry about it ... your language will work fine.

These errors are really only for the en_us translator (that's me! wink)
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: "Check for missing strings" in languages function

by Jay Melton -
Thanks for the quick reply, Martin!

Let me take this moment, while I have your eyeballs, to say thank you for making this great cms available to us all. I know you have lots of help (thanks to everyone!), but "you da' man!"

Jay