Workshop: How do students see others' submissions?

Workshop: How do students see others' submissions?

by Greg Egan -
Number of replies: 9
Hi, I'm a newbie to workshops and have set one up for my class to do anonymous peer assessments.  They can submit their work but cannot see anyone else's work.  What have I missed?  How do get them to be able to choose someone else's submission and grade it?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Greg Egan

Re: Workshop: How do students see others' submissions?

by John Isner -
Set Number of Assessments of Student Submissions to a number greater than 0. If you set it to 1, for example, each student will be assigned one piece of work by another student to assess. The assignment is random. Students do not choose whose work they want to assess.
In reply to John Isner

by Greg Egan -
Thank you for your reply John, but I have already set the number of assessments of student submissions to 2.  Is there anything else you can think of that I might have missed?
In reply to Greg Egan

by Peter Sereinigg -

Please post me the screenshots of your settings,

peter

In reply to Peter Sereinigg

by Peter Sereinigg -
your screens looks ok, .... does your cron job works properly? and describe exact your version, updates and updatepath (1.4 -> 1.5->...) maybe there are old parts of code ????? Peter
In reply to Greg Egan

by Daniel Brouse -
When have you indicated that the start of assessments will begin? The workshop module will automatically assign the appropriate number of assessments to each student at the beginning of the assessment period. Prior to that date/time students will not have any peer's submissions to assess even though they have already submitted their work.
In reply to Daniel Brouse

by Greg Egan -

Thank you Daniel

I set the Start of submissions to  14 Feb, but they don't see anyone else's submissions.  Maybe we're looking in the wrong place?  Where should they see the other students' submissions?

In reply to Greg Egan

by Peter Sereinigg -
there is no wrong place if a student upload a file, he will get some times later a list of peers to be done, may file by file or all together, just when he clicks on the workshop modul ... you as a teach will not see, which peers an in progress, you will see this, when students have finished, you just see 1.) uploade files 2.) finished peers Peter
In reply to Greg Egan

by Daniel Brouse -
My students are actively involved with a workshop right now. I logged in as administrator and then selected one of my student's accounts to use as a student login. I then clicked on the workshop to open it. I have attached the screenshot that the student would see. This student has already assessed her classmates work but prior to assessing their work the link would say "assess" rather than "view."

I am using Moodle 1.6.1.

I hope that helps.

Daniel
Attachment Workshop.gif
In reply to Greg Egan

Re: Workshop: How do students see others' submissions? (Peer Assessment not starting)

by OEE_Dev KW_Univ -

I am using Moodle 1.7, and I had the same problem that you have.

In order to solve it, I had to set more than 30 minutes between the "End of Sumissions" deadline and the time for the "Start of Asssessments".

I think that this has to do with the "maxeditingtime" variable, which is set to 30 minutes by default. When a student sends a message to a forum, it is really forwarded to the forum (or at least other students are notified of his submission) 30 minutes after he sends it. Something similar must be happening with the workshop, so that you need to set more than 30 minutes between those two phases.

I HOPE THIS MAY SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM.

see the original post at :

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=79351#p352295  by 'Ignacio de Miguel '

regards,

omar,

Kuwait_Univeristy_Develeper.