Possible to have File Uploads in "Add Web Link"?

Possible to have File Uploads in "Add Web Link"?

by Paul Norrod -
Number of replies: 2
First, let me say that the new html editor in 1.2b is wonderful! Thank you so much, Janne! The ability to upload and then insert an image and to repeat the process vastly improves the ability of one to post instructional pages.

What I am wondering is what would it take to add the Upload feature to the dialog for the "Insert Web Link" button? I often create assignments in which the student must download a zip file of related project files. In the past, I have uploaded (FTP) the zip file into my webspace and then added a link to it in the assignment page. Now, I don't have to do that, but what I do have to do is to go to "Insert Image" first, upload the zip file I want, then go back to "Insert Web Link" and select the zip file that I just uploaded. If I could do the upload right from the "Insert Web Link" dialog, it would really be neat.  I have added a picture (at the bottom of this page) of the upload piece that I am talking about.

Thanks!

Paul Norrod
Attachment SP32-20040306-132338.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Norrod

Re: Possible to have File Uploads in "Add Web Link"?

by Janne Mikkonen -
Thanks Paul.

Yes it's possible to have those same functions to "Insert Link" -dialog. I'm just working on for better javascript code for Insert Image -dialog, so if I get it work properly I'll put it also in "Insert Link" -dialog. Just be patient It'll be there smile

- Janne -

In reply to Janne Mikkonen

Re: Possible to have File Uploads in "Add Web Link"?

by Paul Norrod -
Janne, thanks for the information.  I (and I am sure all of the other Moodle users) really appreciate the work you have put into the insert dialog.  It really takes the html editor to a new level.  In fact, I have already started to replace the short screenshot tutorials I used to upload into a separate image gallery by simply creating an html page using your insert image dialog to include several screenshots with intructions between them.  I just wanted to suggest that the same ability to upload would be nice in the insert web link dialog as well (when you can get to it).  Thanks!  Paul Norrod