Problem changing categories in gradebook plus v2

Problem changing categories in gradebook plus v2

by Matt Gibson -
Number of replies: 10
Hi,

I've just been categorising the assignments on one of my courses and one of them has strangely decided to continue to apear in 'uncategorised' as well as the new category I have assigned it to. Does anybody have any idea why it maight be doing this? i'm not sure what other information to post.

Matt
In reply to Matt Gibson

Re: Problem changing categories in gradebook plus v2

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I frequently change the categories from uncategorised to another category in my class and have not had any difficulty (i.e. I have not seen this behavior). I am using Moodle 1.6.3. It may be helpful to give the version of Moodle and some other information about your environment (php version, database and version, etc.).
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Matt Gibson -

Hi Anthony,

I'm also using 1.6.3 and here is the environment output:

database mysql version 4.1.16 is required and you are running 5.0.18 OK
php version 4.3.0 is required and you are running 5.1.1 OK
php_extension iconv is recommended to be installed/enabled OK
php_extension mbstring is recommended to be installed/enabled

I will try to do the same in other courses to see if I get the same behaviour, so far it's only in one place.

Matt

In reply to Matt Gibson

by Jeff Graham -
hi Matt,

There is a bug that causes this behavior I am working on a fix for this. Another moodler provided a fix, but I've been swamped lately and haven't had a time to properly review and merge into CVS.

Will post an update hopefully this week.
In reply to Matt Gibson

by Jeff Graham -
There is an update in CVS that fixes this problem. I have also added version tags to all files so that conversation here will be easier. This has been much needed and Anthony Barrow pointed this out a long time ago... sorry for the delay in getting this feature in. I still unfortunatley don't have versions from the initial branch from moodle's builtin gradebook.

Many thanks to Chris Potter for investigating this issue and pointing out the cause of the issue.
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Anthony Borrow -
Jeff,

Thanks for adding the version numbers and for your continued dedication to improve gradebookplus_v2. I noticed a recent change in /grade/index.php in Moodle's 16 Stable branch which you may want to add to the gradebookplus_v2 CVS near the beginning of the file (around line 10):

$cview = optional_param('cview', -1);

It fixes the situation of the category being dropped so that if I do
grades->select group->choose category I get the anticipated results of the selected groups grades for that particular category; however, I am still have trouble if I go grades->choose category->select group as it drops the group parameter. If I hover over the quizzes category I get:
http://moodle.jesuitcp.org/grade/index.php?id=1494&action=vcats&cview=Quizzes
instead of the desired:
http://moodle.jesuitcp.org/grade/index.php?id=1494&action=vcats&cview=Quizzes&group=311

In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Dan Poltawski -
I tried to explain the issues around this in MDL-6895

generally I think the $cview global variable needs to be got rid of and dealt with more sensibly.
In reply to Jeff Graham

by Chris Potter -
Always glad to help out fellow moodlers. I also want to thank our Network Administrator for helping out with the solution. smile

Chris
In reply to Chris Potter

by Matt Gibson -
I have added the line mentioned above to index.php but find the groups display to be erratic. If I go to grades, I can see a group selected in the drop-down but have the data for all groups displayed. Changing the dropdown to a different group fixes it, but then choosing a category breaks it again.
In reply to Matt Gibson

by Anthony Borrow -
As you point out there are still some flaws that make it a little awkward. When I get a chance, I will continue to try to track down exactly what is happening. Peace.