Got problem when install new language

Got problem when install new language

by Sonic Dx -
Number of replies: 6

first, when i got in languages import tool, i saw the error prompt. "Because Moodle can not connect to download.moodle.org, we are unable to do language pack installation automatically. Please download the appropriate zip file(s) from the list below, copy them to your /var/www/vhosts/xxxx/httpdocs/moodledata/lang/ directory and unzip them manually."

then, i downloaded the zip file and uploaded unzipped files into moodledata/lang forlder.  after that, i refreshed the page. but the english language pack is still the only one in "installed language packs" list.

is there anyone could give me some advices? thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sonic Dx

Re: Got problem when install new language

by Pablo Carnero Liñán -
I have the same problem.

I downloaded the zip file and unzipped it in moodledata/lang, after I go to the language import utility and then I choice the 'upload all local language pack' option, but moodle show me an error message: 'can not read from courses'.
In reply to Pablo Carnero Liñán

by Mikael Eriksson -
Hmm, I'm having the same problem. How did you solve it?

Wonders Mike
In reply to Mikael Eriksson

by Torsten Brandes -
Got the same problem. Unactivate caching did not work.
In reply to Torsten Brandes

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
may be I'm asking the obvious, but are you sure that the lang folders and all subfolders are readable by the webserver process?
In reply to Torsten Brandes

by Giovanni Borzi -
I have the same problem with moodle 1.6.4

In pre-production (no connection to the Internet ( IIS5 ):
Language config was asking for manual download of the language zip file.
I dowloaded and installed it in dataroot/lang/
and it worked just fine.

In production (with connection to the Internet):
I had the chance to use the language import utility: I did it and it told the installation went OK but the language menu is still showing only English.
Interestingly, the language import utility is not showing any more the downloaded language in the downloadable list... it just disappeared.

Dropped the language cache in the config: the same.

Tried to install manually by unzipping the language package in dataroot/lang/: the same.
In reply to Giovanni Borzi

by Giovanni Borzi -
Solved the problem:
I did not complete correctly the UTF migration process in the production database.
Once the migration process is completed all is working properly and the languages are in place.