PLEASE HELP _ I'm giving up on Lycis Hosting - Please recommend a PROBLEM FREE hosting solution for moodle

PLEASE HELP _ I'm giving up on Lycis Hosting - Please recommend a PROBLEM FREE hosting solution for moodle

by Dom London -
Number of replies: 8
I am getting error after error, problems downbloading.. proxy errors, "database busy" errors resource links that instead of downloading simply show a blank popup page

Ive had enough.

Lycos hosting isnt clearly up to the job. Dont know why Im not technical. PHP permissions / privaledges... config issues. I have NO idea....

CAN anyone tell me about a hosting solution that DOES work TROUBLE FREE. Im a teacher NOT a php server script expert (and I do wonder if moodle is giving this much utter grief for everyone else)

Wtih desperation for some helpand guidance. Can ANYONE recommend a one-click, hosting solution thatJUST WORKS. Then, I need to find a way to transfer everything across (another week of lost evenings probably)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dom London

Re: PLEASE HELP _ I'm giving up on Lycis Hosting - Please recommend a PROBLEM FREE hosting solution for moodle

by Stuart Frankland -

Dom,

Try www.siteground.com I have my own Moodle site hosted with them for the last two years before the college purchased the hardware to host Moodle internally.

Regards

Stuart

In reply to Stuart Frankland

Re: PLEASE HELP _ I'm giving up on Lycis Hosting - Please recommend a PROBLEM FREE hosting solution for moodle

by M Y -
Heart Internet.
Heart Internet is the company that the local web design company I work for uses.
FTP takes about a week to get sorted in some cases but other than that, We have never had a problem with them. ' Trouble Free Hosting ' = Heart Internet.

Martin
In reply to Dom London

by Jeff Wood -
onsmart.com has been really good for our school site.

Jeff
In reply to Dom London

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Dom,

I would highly recommend that you use a Moodle Partner for hosting your site. They provide excellent support and would be able to help you transfer your exisiting site. Please check the Moodle Partners list.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dom London

by Zachary Miller -
I have been using www.bluehost.com for the past 2 years and haven't had any problem with the hosting. You also get a decent amount of space on even the cheepest plans they have.
In reply to Dom London

by jonny guns -
I have to tell you the best experiance I have ever had with a webhost is with www.superhosting.ca i have been with them for 3 yrs now with 0 downtime and support like you wouldnt believe.. they dont cost much either.. im in the US and love it.. they offer many features, a lot of bandwidth and space.. lots of everything else. I suggest checking them out.. If you contact them ask for Aleks, he is who i usually deal with.. Make sure you tell them rescueexams.com sent you so i can get credit.. anyway.. you cant go wrong with them..
In reply to Dom London

by N Hansen -
I am very happy with opensourcehost.com. They will install and upgrade Moodle for free and provide great support through a ticketing system. They've helped me get out of messes that were of my own creation.