Are any of these ideas in the works???

Are any of these ideas in the works???

by Karrie V -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

I apparently posted on the wrong board the other day and did start some discussion – but I figured I would move the topic to the correct board. I have been using different forums with my class which had some great benefits to them and I am wondering if anyone is working on adding any of these to Moodle or if someone can point me in the direction of LEARNING how to create something for Moodle – mind you I have NO programming experience.

Thing I would like to see:

Hot topics – where you set a number of posts to create a little flame next to the topic to show interest. My students love to see that their topic is “hot”

Posting Title option – where you can set a number of posts and titles – for example 10 posts makes you a newbie, 20 a master of the boards and so on. This provided my students with incentives to interact with their peers. This works best when you have clearly defined what a good post and a poor post is. Preferably using a rubric

Member topic listing with running total – similar to the recent topic listing but to have an archived list of all topics a particular student made this way at the end of a class you can review all of a students posts if need be. I have also found it helpful to be able to sort kids by the number of posts they have made this has helped me define which kids need additional assistance

SPELL CHECK, SPELL CHECK, SPELL CHECK – need I say more?

Stickies – forced topics that remain at the top of a forum

Editing options - where students can edit at any time, teachers can edit, delete, or move student work to the proper forum

Thanks for listening!!!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karrie V

Re: Are any of these ideas in the works???

by Williams Castillo -
Well... regarding the sticky discussions, I could say it is already developed but not implemented... Perhaps in a near future.

Regards,
Will

In reply to Williams Castillo

Re: Are any of these ideas in the works???

by Karrie V -
I cant wait!  Thanks!!!!