Short answer and case sensitive

by Artem Andreev -
Number of replies: 7
My system:
httpd-2.2.2
php-4.4.2
mysql-4.1.20
Moodle 1.6.2+ from yesterday

Problem description: for short answer question for non-ASCII characters (russian for me) case insensitive dosn't work... Always case sensitive even for setting "No, case is unimportant"...
I think this problem similar to MDL-6054... But if for Activitynames filter it is not very big problem, for Short answer question it is very big problem...

Any solutions?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Artem Andreev

Re: Short answer and case sensitive

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Can you see if it works in 1.7 dev?

The way shortanswer questions were comparing student responses to the teacher's answers in 1.6 was horrible and definitely not unicode safe, so I rewrote it. It would be very helpful if you could test it in Russian. Thanks.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Artem Andreev -
I haven't testing suite and at this moment I can't test it. I can try test it on test.moodle.com. Is it possible?
In reply to Artem Andreev

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
test.moodle.com is running 1.7dev, so yes, you can test it there.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Geof Duncan -
I'd like to try out the new roles features... who do I ask to become an editing teacher on test.moodle.com??
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Artem Andreev -
I created new account. I can test it when MartinD set me teacher access (as far as I understand when Moodle 1.7 go beta)...
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Artem Andreev -
At this moment I can't test 1.7, but for 1.6 I solved problem...
As far as I understand strtolower have problems with diferent locales... May be I am mistaken... But strtolower don't work.
I try mb_strtolower - it work fine, but may be it is not very good decision for all... And I found function moodle_strtolower in moodle\lib\moodlelib.php... This function work good...