Room management for subnet instead of giving in the subnet in a quiz

Room management for subnet instead of giving in the subnet in a quiz

by Nicolas Drosson -
Number of replies: 3
Hi all,

Yesterday made a small module to be able to create the relation room / IP-Subnet. I also made small changes to the mod.html of the quiz module so instead of having to enter the subnet of rooms each time, you can choose the rooms in a list and the subnet gets added to the field in mod.html.

Here is the first beta-version. Unfortunately it is not possible to backup and restore rooms in another course or to share the rooms at the moment. I will work on it in the next weeks.

I hope it is interesting for some of you. I would appreciate some feedback.

Regards. Nico
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nicolas Drosson

Re: Room management for subnet instead of giving in the subnet in a quiz

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I will play with this code on my test server and see how it goes. I think it would be very useful for teachers using quizzes at school for testing purposes where they go to a computer lab and have all the students log in. Peace.
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Nicolas Drosson -
Hi Anthony,

It is very simple to use. First you create an instance of the module room. Then you create your rooms inside it. After this, you can add the rooms using the list in the settings of quiz module. To delete a room, you still have to delete the subnet manually.

Thx for your help. Nico
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Nicolas Drosson -
I forgot to write something:

I realized the part in mod.html this way because I spoke some months ago with Gustav Delius. We decided not to add too many buttons because there already are a lot of settings on the page.