Attempts of un-enrolled students

Attempts of un-enrolled students

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Gordon!

I'm using Moodle 1.6.2+ with Hot Potatoes version v 1.34.2.5 2006/09/13 08:26:16

In the Moodle Quiz module, when students have been unrolled from a course, it is still possible to view their attempts. See this discussion. It is then possible to delete the attempts made by unenrolled students (e.g. when emptying a course of students before enrolling new ones at the beginning of a new academic year).

However, the HP module behaves differently.

When students have made attempts in HP exercices in a Moodle course and are un-enrolled, this is what happens:

• it is not possible to view the attempts made by un-enrolled students
  • although their attempts are still present in the database
  • it is not possible to delete those attempts once the students have been unrolled

Could you please think of a solution (something similar to the Quiz solution, for the sake of similarity of interfact)?

Thanks in advance,

Joseph

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Attempts of un-enrolled students

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Joseph,
thank you so much for this information. I wasn't aware of the problem. I will add it to the list of enhancements for the HotPot module and implement it as soon as I can.

much obliged
Gordon

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
>for the sake of similarity of interfact

should read "for the sake of similarity of interface"blush

and Gordon, thanks again for all your great work on the HP module.

Joseph

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Joseph,
I have modified the report page for the HotPot module (in Moodle 1.6) so that you can view, and therefore delete, attempts by students who are no longer enrolled in the course.

I also added the names of unenrolled students to the drop-down list of users names, so that if you want to, you can view the activity of just one unenrolled student, in the same way you can currently view the activity of an enrolled student.

thanks again for bring this to my attention approve
Gordon