Matching question problem in lesson

Matching question problem in lesson

by Jaro Bari -
Number of replies: 3
Hi,

I have one problem with matching question. When this type of question is graded, it is always evaluated with 0 points if I have at least 1 mistake. If all answers are right grade is also ok - Full points. Is it normal? Why the final grade is not calculated from number of right and bad answers?

Thanx
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jaro Bari

Re: Matching question problem in lesson

by Mark Nielsen -
Hi Jarsolav,

Currently the matching question type is all or nothing.

Why the final grade is not calculated from number of right and bad answers?

The original Lesson counted answers as right or wrong based on the jump.  So forward progression in the Lesson was a correct answer and staying on the current page or moving backward in the Lesson was an incorrect answer.  So, this was an "all or nothing" system.  When custom scoring was introduced, the all or nothing method was still being used to allow for fewer discrepancies between the two scoring systems.

Another reason is that you would have to assign a score for every correct match and every incorrect match.  This might become more complicated than what most users want.

Cheers,
Mark
In reply to Mark Nielsen

by Jaro Bari -
Thanks for advices, but I dont know what I am doing bad. I turn off custom scoring, and add multianswer question. There are 4 answer. 3 are right, 1 wrong. I set up jumps - next page for correct answers, this page for wrong. If I try to go through lesson and answer by checking any combinations, results are always 0% or 100%. What i am doing bad.

Thnx
In reply to Jaro Bari

by Michael Penney -
Hi Jaroslav, if you are using Multianswer, that is also 'all or nothing'. Click on the Help icon next to the Multianswer option for more.

If you use Multichoice without Multianswer checked, then the student can only click on one of the choices at a time.