Forum news

Forum news

by Stefania Cinà -
Number of replies: 3

Hi!

I'd like to create a forum news at the first page of moodle in wich there aren't course, but only box with link to go to courses.

My idea is create a forum for news and information for all my student in the first page. I'd like that the e-mail with a news will arrive at all student of different courses.

I'm using moodle 1.5 and I can't use quickmail....can you help me?

Thank you,wink

Stefania

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stefania Cinà

Re: Forum news

by A. T. Wyatt -
Have you experimented with the main menu block on the front page?  It will be on the side rather in the front, but you might be okay with that.

If you want the forum to be in the center area, you should take a look at your site settings and set it up to show a topic.  This gives you an area in the middle where you can put announcements, images, or activities and resources just as you would in a course.

You may need to tweak your settings with respect to who can use the activities and such.  In the permissions section of site variables, you might need to set allusersaresitestudents to yes.  Depending on what you want to do,  you might need to play around with some of that.

Good luck!
atw
In reply to Stefania Cinà

by Mark Flach -

I'm looking to do something similar.  I want a forum that is available to all students.  The key is, I only want registered students to be able to view the forum.  If I add a forum to the main block, non-students can still read the posts even though they can't post.

Mark <><

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mark Flach

by Josh Coombs -

I agree, this can be rarther annoying to say the least... Especially when you have guests who try to gain access to unauthorised areas, or links which are not relevent to have 'direct access'.

Regards,

Josh