Modified forum interface/options?

Modified forum interface/options?

by Alec Mayo -
Number of replies: 1
My apolgies for not knowing all of the options available (eg. just saw a post about "Forum Plus").

I've just started using Moodle, as part of  my re-schooling in a late 2nd career, but am encouraged by the open source aspect and the "spirit" of Moodle that I've seen so far... that being said, I find the forum interface kind of... clunky.  The inability (at least that I've found so far) to hide unwanted threads, having to back-page and forth to check different fora, which doesn't update the unread flags etc, would - in a netnews model - make me either want to patch my reader (if open source) or switch to a different reader... so (apologies again! :^)     are there different flavours/patch levels of the forum interface around (more customizable for the user?), which I could then start lobbying within my school to adopt, or conversely where would I find the developer community that is working on this type of thing?

Thanks in advance,
Alec
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alec Mayo

Re: Modified forum interface/options?

by Dan Stowell -
I must say I haven't seen many patches for modifying the forum's functionality. Occasionally people have said they want added features (e.g. sticky threads) but I don't see many patches submitted to enable the desired features.

Have you tried using the forum RSS feeds in a feedreader? You may prefer that way of receiving the messages, with the convenient features your favourite feedreader provides.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)