HTML Editor on Mac OS X - Firewall?

HTML Editor on Mac OS X - Firewall?

by C. Kirill Sokolov -
Number of replies: 4
Hello,

I am running Moodle 1.2 development (2004020300). The HTML editor works just fine if I try to update/edit an HTML Text resource from a Windows machine on my network. However, if I use a Mac OS X computer, running either Safari or IE (latest versions) I get a simple form page with HTML source displayed.

I think this is a network/firewall issue of some sort, though for purposes of testing I should be behind the firewall for both client and server.

What kind of packets / protocols does the HTMLArea (?) editor need access to? Can anyone think of anything else I should look at for debugging purposes?

I might have the same problems as the "Zen.." thread in this forum, but I am not running a personal firewall (not even the OS X built in firewall) on anything.

Thanks everyone,

Kirill Sokolov
St Vladimir's Seminary
Average of ratings: -
In reply to C. Kirill Sokolov

Re: HTML Editor on Mac OS X - Firewall?

by Peter Ruthven-Stuart -
Picture of Plugin developers
Kirill Sokolov wrote:

I am running Moodle 1.2 development (2004020300). The HTML editor works just fine if I try to update/edit an HTML Text resource from a Windows machine on my network. However, if I use a Mac OS X computer, running either Safari or IE (latest versions) I get a simple form page with HTML source displayed.

I think this is a network/firewall issue of some sort, ...

I don't believe it's a Firewall issue. I also use Mac OS X. The HTML editor does not work with IE or Safari. It does work in Netscape 7.1 for Mac.
In reply to Peter Ruthven-Stuart

by C. Kirill Sokolov -
Thanks for responding. It's nice to hear that it's not just my installation. ;)

Does anyone know if this is a permanent problem? It surprises me that both IE and Safari would have problems..

Regards,

Kirill Sokolov

PS: The old editor worked on my mac installations.

by Tom Murdock -
Well, Safari is still growing (so perhaps it is not permanent), but I believe IE development is over for the mac. Mozilla Firebird works really well, though.

-Tom

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
The old editor did not work on a Mac at all ... it was Windows IE only. smile

The new editor requires certain capabilities in the browser and works with:

- IE on Windows
- Mozilla on all platforms
- Firebird on all platforms