after some time of development I created the next step of the AL 2.X branch:
ActivityLocking V 2.4 (currently beta status)
This version supports Moodle 1.6 and includes:
- Supports module and section locks
- Locking and Completing modules and sections parallel
- CSS style and checkbox for locking and completing
- Hide when locked
- Language support and help (english and german)
- Readme for features and installation (english only)
- SQL commands for manual DB update
- Info text on how to update CSS style sheet
Unfortunately the hack is to big to be a ZIP file (more than 100 kB). Therefore it is coded with 7z. You will have to use other tools like TugZIP or so.
I tried to make the code a bit more transparent; all changes against the original Moodle files should be labelled '// ALX'. The readme should also give you some hints; it includes a file list, too.
This will be the last version of ActivityLocking as a hack from my side.
I am planing to make the whole thing installable and what is more important de-installable; but this might take a while.
Anyway, if you like try it, but remeber, this is a beta version. I tested it with Moodle 1.6 (release 27th of June) and XAMPP Lite.
So far I got no more errors in debugging mode.
DO NOT TRY THIS ON A PRODUCTION SERVER!
except you are 100% sure of what you are doing.
If you happen to find any bugs, you can report them here, but I won't be able to check this forum before August 16th!
So please be patient.
Thanks for trying out AL V 2.4