size of frame around forum?

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 5
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: size of frame around forum?

by David Jackson -
Hi Matt,
I am pretty new to Moodle myself, so could be wrong about this, but I am pretty sure you can achieve this by editing the 'styles_layout.css' style sheet for your chosen theme. Im a hands on learner so I'd dive right in and start playing with...

.forumpost .content {
  padding: 4px;
}

...adding maybe...

.forumpost .content {
  padding: 4px;
  width:100%;
}

...and seeing what happens.

Here is a graphic which I have found most useful for understanding Moodle's CSS...
http://www.ballisticlearning.biz/moodle15_css_chart/moodle15_css_chart.html

Like I said...could be wrong.
In reply to David Jackson

In reply to Deleted user

by David Scotson -

The best way to experiment with themes is to use either:

Getting back to your original question: do you mean you want the forums to take up the entire horizontal width? Most themes do that by default so are you building upon a particular theme?

As for refreshing themes, the very worst you should have to do is visit the .css file directly and force refresh it (shift-F5) until you see the actual changes in the file text. Again the web developer extension lets you switch of the cache so you should see changes instantly anyway if you use that.

In reply to David Scotson

In reply to Deleted user

by David Jackson -
No problem. I was going to mention the 'View style information' feature of the FireFox Web developer extension. Lets you hover over an element to see its HTML/CSS heirarchy in the status bar and click it to see list of CSS that applies (even duplicate css in seperate sheets). Absolutely invaluable to me for making sense of things.