Exporting lesson to HTML, powerpoint or .doc?

Exporting lesson to HTML, powerpoint or .doc?

by Steve Bilton -
Number of replies: 2
 I want to have an offline learning facility much like that on moodle. I wish to have this on a CD so those of my Students can also carry on their study whilst away from the net. And also have a tangable copy for their own personal portfolio and refference. (does anyone think this is a good idea?)

I do not want to endlessly copy and paste my lessons into another format such as powerpoint, doc with embedded files/links or HTML as i have so many i would lose my life to the task when i have so many other things that need tending to.

Can anybody suggest a way to export my lessons into HTML format, or anyother format that would do the job? i would be most incredibly greatful.

Thank you

Steve
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Bilton

Re: Exporting lesson to HTML, powerpoint or .doc?

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Steve,
Did you get a solution to this question?  Seems to me I have seen postings in forums on various portable Moodles with and without a web interface. 

There is the thumb drive potential.  And  I thought somebody had worked out a sort of runtime Moodle on a CD.  Then there were a couple of users who wanted their students to do a course on their computer and when it was connected to the moodle server, to update their course-lessons etc.  

These are issues for rural areas, where for example students may have internet at school but not at home.  

Hope this helps
In reply to Chris Collman

Re: Exporting lesson to HTML, powerpoint or .doc?

by Steve Bilton -
Hi Chris,

I have had other things on my plate recently and let this lie for now. But the time is comming up once again when i'm going to need some solution to this. I am dredding doing this manually, but was quite willing by now to make a start on it. I was probably going to use embedded documents in word or some thing to keep it tidy.....

If you have seen something that may help me or point to a helpful direction i'd appreciate it if you could post a link or something.

I think the need for this is very justified and perhapse put to the attention of someone that could apply this somehow.

Thanks for the interest... i'll have a good look around in the up and comming week. Thanks for the info

Cheers

Steve B