something wrong with chr set

something wrong with chr set

بواسطة - Ahmed ZAKI
عدد الردود: 3

in my test site i tried to reply into a certain thread in arabic and the result was complete rubbish, i suspect this is due to the default char set used, i strongly recomment using windows-1256 so us-en and ar shows well, would you tell where exactly you define char set so i try to change it ?

thanks a million

رداً على Ahmed ZAKI

إعادة: something wrong with chr set

بواسطة - Dr. Ali Abureesh

I did not face any problems with the Arabic char set and I have not heard any problems from my other friends who are using Moodle only for Arabic.
I think some time the strange characters that show in the disccussion thread are due to the Internet browsers. Sometimes IE needs to be set to display Arabic characters.
If this happens with you again and you're using IE, Go to View, then Encoding and select Arabic. It will display Arabic beautifully.
If the problem remains then please notify us here so we can work with Martin to find out what's wrong.
Let me try it here:

لم تواجهني اي مشكلة اثناء استخدام مودل باللغة العربية، ولم يواجه اصدقائي الذين يستخدمون مودل فقط باللغة العربية اي مشاكل.
على ما اعتقد ان مشكلة عرض الحروف العربية قد تعود إلي المستعرض المستخدم لتصفح الإنترنت. على سبيل المثال، بعض الاحيان، انتر نت اكسبلورر يحتاج لضبط اللغة عن طريق شريط المهام الخاص به، وذلك بالنقر على عرض، ثم ترميز، ثم تختار اللغة.
حاول هذا الحل وعند استمرار المشكلة الرجاء اشعارنا هناء بها ليتسنى لنا العمل مع مارتن لمعرفة ما هي المشكلة فعلاً.

رداً على Ahmed ZAKI

إعادة: something wrong with chr set

بواسطة - Ara Kerestedjian
well, that's ture, Internet Explorer have some problems viewing Arabic text files, also it depents which font you might use, for me i prefer and think that Mozilla is better than Internet Explorer...
plz try to install the newest version of Mozilla, version 1.7.2 from http://www.mozilla.org/products/mozilla1.x/ and give it a try and see.
regards,
Ara