Working on the Glossary

Working on the Glossary

بواسطة - Dr. Ali Abureesh
عدد الردود: 20

I'm going to add entry on the Arabic Glossay; in fact I've added an entry for (Applet). I'll be waiting to get feed back from all those who are using moodle fo Arabic courses so that we can have a complete, accurate, easy to understand glossay.

For Martin: Do you intend that the "Arabic Words" to be a translation for the Glossary of common terms ?!

رداً على Dr. Ali Abureesh

Re: Working on the Glossary

بواسطة - Martin Dougiamas
Hi, Ali!

Actually I thought it might be useful for words that appear in the Moodle interface itself, like "activities", "resources", "connected", etc, so that the Arabic translation is consistent among various help pages.

eg http://moodle.org/download/lang/lang/fr/TERMS
رداً على Martin Dougiamas

No problem. It will be simple. I'll delete that entry. Or, if you prefer if we can have both!

Check the entries that I've added so far. Is this what you aiming at?!  I hope it's OK. I'll finish the rest soon.
Cheers.

Looks fine! Really, it's up to you and what will be useful to coordinate translations.

One more thing, may I ask you to put some Arabic texts in the course settings? You can put whatever makes sense.

Cheers,
Martin

Hi Martin,

How can we add the Arabic character set to the Glossary?

Arabic character set

Hi, Ali.

I'm not quite sure what you mean ...? Maybe you could post a screenshot of the problem.

What you've done so far looks OK for me even when I'm browsing in English mode.

Re: Arabic character set

What I mean the Arabic alphabet for the glossary index.
المرفق alphabet.jpg

Oh, of course, yes. This is actually defined by a string in lang/ar/glossary.php! مبتسم

$string['alphabet'] = "A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z";

OK, I will play with it and see what will happen. I'll do this test on my personal computer where I'm translating the interface file.
Another issue, how to make the highlight and the link when the term is used in posts.and cloud the color of the highlight change?!

I tried to edite "glossary.php" from the "en" floder because the "ar" folder doesn't have "glossary.php". I did not find $string['alphabet'] = "A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z"; in the file mentioned shall I just add it at the end and replace the English letters with the Arabic ones?!

You can, but it should be in the English pack too. You should get the very latest English pack: http://moodle.org/download/lang/en.zip and install it.

Oh, and for the colours you need to add some new styles to your theme ... details are in theme/UPGRADE.txt and an example is in theme/standard/styles.php and theme/standard/config.php (look for autolink  colour and style).

Thanks a lot. I'll try to do all the Arabization on the file. and email it to you. One final thing: This should be corrected.
المرفق Arabic.gif

إعادة: Re: Arabic character set

بواسطة - Ismail Fayed

Dear friends,

I am glad to write to you as this is my first experience in the Arabic moodle. I am participating in an online course run in an English moodle interface where I knew about all its interesting features, but this is the first time I try the Arabic one. I will be glad to hear from the Arab friends and colleagues here who are using this platform for teaching in Arabic speaking countries and courses..

My second question is how to install the Arabic characters from the zipped files I downloaded, do I have to copy them in a certain folder/ directory or what?

Waiting for your ideas..

Ismail Fayed.

رداً على Ismail Fayed

Hi Ismail ,

It is great pleasure to have you here.
Adding fonts has been disucssed for English fonts and I believe it will work for Arbic fonts as long as Moodle supports Arabic. Als it is very importnat that the browser supports Arabic.

The following to links explain how to add fonts and also how to create buttons in the HTML editor. Check them out. By the way I've not tried it myslef, but I will one of these days. Please, tell us what will happen with you. Good Luck!

To Add Fonts:
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=6167#28656

To Creat buttons:
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=6167&parent=28672

Thanks,

Ali

بواسطة - Ismail Fayed

Thanks Ali,

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

I need to spend some time reading and trying to understand the funtions of these codes and how to add them. black eye  Thanks for your prompt response. smile

I am adding one statment in Arabic above, in case it works and you can read it, may be I won't need to make any changes, let me see..

Ismail.

رداً على Ismail Fayed

مودل يدعم اللغة العربية بشكل جيد ولا اعتقد هناك حاجة لإضافة أي خطوط سوى الخطوط المذكور في المثال السابق والتي تعطي النص اشكال جمالية وتنوعية.

أنا البحر في أحشائه الدر كامن فهل سائلوا الغواص عن صدفاتي

على قدر أهل العزم تأتي العزائم  

بالإضافة إلى دعم العربي فأن مودل يدعم جميع النواع التشكيل العربي:

أبجد هوز حطي كلمن صعفس قرشت ثخذ ضظغ

بواسطة - Ismail Fayed

جزاك الله خيرا أخي العزيز علي،

في الواقع أنا سعيد جدا بردودك و اهتمامك ، ما شاء الله ، و سعيد أكثر بذكرك لهذه الأبيات الرائعة كمثال للدعم العربي المذكور في مودل. هذا الموقع يقدم حقيقا العديد من الخدمات الرائعة و المدهشة فيما يتعلق بالتعلم عن بعد باستخدام التعلم الغير مباشر.

إذا كنت تستخدم تطبيقاته علي سبيل التجريب أو التطبيق الفعلي في أي مقررات أكاديمية أو خاصة يسعدني التعرف علي إنجازاتكم المتعلقة بها. كما أدعوكم لزيارة الكورس الحالي الذي أدرسه مع مجموعة من الأصدقاء بإشراف مدرسين من تايوان و أمريكا و خلالا فترة البرنامج التي قاربت علي الانتهاء تعرفنا علي العديد من إمكانيات هذا النموذج و كيفية استخدامها في تخطيط المقررات و المناهج بمساعدة تطبيقات أخري.

و أخيرا أخي العزيز ، أهدي لك القصيدة الكاملة لحافظ إبراهيم و التي وجدتها علي الانترنت ذلك البحر المليء بالغرائب و المصادر..

http://moodle.ntjcpa.edu.tw/course/view.php?id=12

Thanks dear Ali,

In fact, I am very happy with your replies and more happy with the impressive poem you mentioned as an example of the Arabic support in moodle. This platform has a lot of interesting and useful facilities for online distance learning in an asynchronous environment.

If you are using moodle in other academic or personal courses I would be happy to learn more about these course as I would like to examine moodle in its full capacity with all the creative additions made by members in their different courses.

In the time being, I am participating in an online course run under a moodle platform and coordinated by a Taiwanese and another American colleagues, check the link above. We have learned a variety of things related to using this service and other tools to plan your lessons and courses.

Finally, I am sending you the whole poem, by Hafez Ibrahim, as I found it online.

Best regards,

Ismail.

---------------------------------------

رجعت لنفسي فاتهمت حياتي
وناديت قومي فاحتسبت حياتي
رموني بعقمٍ في الشباب وليتني
عقمت فلم أجزع لقول عِداتي

ولدت ولما لم أجد لعرائسي
رجالاً وأكفاء وأدت بناتي
وسعت كتاب الله لفظاً وغاية
وما ضقت عن آيٍ به وعظات
فكيف أضيق اليوم عن وصف آلةٍ
وتنسيق أسماءٍ لمخترعات

أنا البحر في أحشائه الدر كامنٌ
فهل ساءلوا الغواص عن صدفاتي؟
فيا ويحكم أبلى وتبلى محاسني
ومنكم وإن عز الدواء أساتي

فلا تكلوني للزمان فإنني
أخاف عليكم أن تحين وفاتي

أرى لرجال الغرب عزاً ومنعةً
وكم عز أقوام بعز لغات
أتوا أهلهم بالمعجزات تفنناً
فيا ليتكم تأتون بالكلمات
أيطربكم من جانب الغرب ناعب
ينادي بوأدي في ربيع حياتي؟

ولو تزجرون الطير يوماً علمتمُ
بما تحته من عثرةٍ وشتات
سقى الله في بطن الجزيرة أعظماً
يعز عليها أن تلين قناتي
حفظن ودادي في البلى وحفظته
لهن بقلبٍ دائم الحسرات

وفاخرت أهل الغرب والشرق مطرقٌ
حياءً بتلك الأعظم النخرات
أرى كل يوم بالجرائد مزلقاً
من القبر يدنيني بغير أناة
وأسمع للكُتّاب في مصر ضجةً
فأعلم أن النائحين نعاتي

أيهجرني قومي عفا الله عنهمُ
إلى لغةٍ لم تتصل برواة؟
سَرَتْ لوثةُ الأعجام فيها كما سرى
لعاب الأفاعي في مسيل فرات
فجائت كثوبٍ ضم سبعين رقعةً
مشكلةَ الألوان مختلفات

إلى معشر الكتاب والجمع حافلٌ
بسطت رجائي بعد بسط شكاتي
فإما حياة تبعث الميت في البلى
وتنبت في تلك الرموس رفاتي
وإما مماتٌ لا قيامة بعده
مماتٌ لعمري لم يقس بممات

--حافظ إبراهيم--

رداً على Ismail Fayed

اخي اسماعيل اشكرك على القصيدة الرائعة وعلى دعوتكم لزيارة الموقع.

اما بخصوص استخدامي لمودل أفيدكم انن استخدمة في تدريس المواد التي اقوم بتدريسها ولكن للأسف كل هذه المواد هي باللغة الإنجليزية وذلك لطبيعة تخصصي. والموقع الذي توجد به هذه المواد هو موقع خاص بي واسميته باغلى الاسماء لدى. أسم المو قع شبكة مكة للتعليم الإلكتروني (Makkah E-Learning Net) ادعوك لزيارته والحكم عليه ان ينال إعجابكم.

http://www.makkahelearning.net

رداً على Ismail Fayed

بواسطة - Ara Kerestedjian
Dear Ismail,
all what u discussed with Ali is right, and thanx for recuring this subject.
but i have a small thing to say about the poem.
رجعت لنفسي فأتهمت حياتي
this one isn't right, and it's correction is
رجعت لنفسي فأتهمت حصاتي
plz be sure of what u copy and write, just to transfer the correct form of the poem.
*by the way, i'm Armenian (from Armenia), but i live in Iraq and love Arabic poems.
Best Regards and Worm Wishes.
Ara Nuabr Kerestedjian