Can you highlight a phrase inside a Lesson?

Can you highlight a phrase inside a Lesson?

by Jim Burnard -
Number of replies: 2

Hi Folks,

Is it possible to have a group of words or a phrase highlighted inside your lesson (on a branch page) so that the reader knows to click on it and get more info?  I know it's done all the time with a single word but I wasn't sure how to do this with an entire phrase.

Thanks as always!

Jim

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jim Burnard

Re: Can you highlight a phrase inside a Lesson?

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Are you refering to the glossary function or the html linking (insert web link) function?  

I use the html linking icon on a regular basis.   The reader needs to understand that anything in blue  is a link, at least that is true on my Moodles.   Sometimes you have to be a little bit more LOUD    I do this with the background color icon, change the font and bold and then add the web link.

(Note: Interesting that the word blue above is underlined and in blue in the edit mode, but the reader only sees it as blue in this forum post.  I don't use my reading glasses when I work on my computer and often miss the links.   Remember 3-8% of all males have some sort of color blindness.  I take the time to at least bold the linked text.)

To link  a phrase means blocking the phrase with your mouse, selecting the insert web link icon (next to the anchor), and pasting the link.   You can do a whole paragraph.  That is it for web linking.  See also http://docs.moodle.org/en/HTML_editor

I am not a big time glossary user.   But I think you can add a phrase in your course glossary.  When the reader sees the phrase in your lesson   (glossary makes certain words highlited in our forums - grey for me), a click on it will take them to the explaination located in the glossary  you created.   Go here to start learning about glossary  http://docs.moodle.org/en/Glossary  Hope this helps.
In reply to Chris Collman

Re: Can you highlight a phrase inside a Lesson?

by Jim Burnard -

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your very detailed reply, it's exactly what I needed.  I think I like the HTML linking for my purposes. 

Thanks again!

Jim