Jumping out of lesson to another activity or resource

Jumping out of lesson to another activity or resource

by Sean Keogh -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all,

Got a question for you from a support client of mine that run their own in-house moodle 1.5.3 (I think).

They are using short lessons, and want to be able to jump from the last page of a lesson module straight to another activity or resource in the same course.  To do this they have coded some little graphic buttons into the html of the last page, with the appropriate links.  But of course the lesson module itself also inserts a "continue" button that returns the learner to the main course page. 

So, the question is two-fold:

1.) Is it possible to hide this last "continue" button - so that the only way out is to click the graphic buttom that they have coded?

2.) If the above is not possible, how easy would it be to add a jump destination that makes the lesson-generated button take the learner to the next activity or resource?

Any thoughts?

Sean K Beardie

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sean Keogh

Re: Jumping out of lesson to another activity or resource

by Michael Penney -
2.) If the above is not possible, how easy would it be to add a jump destination that makes the lesson-generated button take the learner to the next activity or resource?

Hi Sean, lesson in 1.6 has an 'End of lesson' link.

In reply to Michael Penney

by Sean Keogh -

Thanks Michael, I'll take a look at it.

Sean K

In reply to Sean Keogh

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Sean,

I wonder if you  use a branch table in 1.5.3, put a web link in the description 1,if that  will work for you.   This gets rid of the "continue" and will jump to any page.   But I would suspect that the lesson might still be open or  not completed.

I opened Lesson 2 and copied the addressbar in my browser.  I went to Lesson 1 and added a branch table page, titled  "The End of Lesson 1".  Getting a link or a picture into Description is not straightforward on my Moodle.  So I created the link in Page Content with text saying "To Lesson 2", turned on HTML editor in Description1, redisplayed the page, toggled to the HTML Source up in page content, cut and pasted the link to the description1 and saved the page. 

So it jumped to Lesson 2 but I did not test it further so BEWARE .  I like the 1.6 suggestion of Michael's mo better than my creative but not always totally effective approach smile

Chris