Course Summary Sometimes Not Appearing

Course Summary Sometimes Not Appearing

by Chris Morgan -
Number of replies: 4

When users click on a Course Category they normally see a list of courses with a course summary, like this...

Summary display as required

... but some course lists are being displayed like this...

course title only being shown

I can't find a way of forcing it into the display mode I want, the first one above.

Can anyone shed any light on this problem please? I expect it's a config item somewhere but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

We are running Moodle 1.5.3+ (2005060230).

Thanks,

Chris Morgan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Morgan

Re: Course Summary Sometimes Not Appearing

by James Ballard -
Hi

We had the same problem - it is in a config file but I can't find the post that explained it before. I believe the default is 10 courses before it reverts to a list with no info if that helps.

I'll try to dig through the code and see if I find it when I get a chance.

Yours
James
In reply to James Ballard

by Dominique Kande Vita -
Hi every body, since this problem apear it since that nobody really gave a solution ! So finally someone really find a way to increase the number of category to be displayed in moodle 1.8 ??????????
In reply to Chris Morgan

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Chris,

As James explains, whether or not course summaries are shown depends upon the number of courses in the category. If there are more than 10 courses then, to save space, summaries are not shown.

For further details, including how to change things, please check the view course categories and courses discussion.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Chris Morgan -

Thanks to both of you. It's nice to know it wasn't just me!

The link to the previous discussion was very helpful. I'm now having a trawl through the php to see if I can extend the display a bit.

Regards,

Chris