Java error

Java error

by Dens Z -
Number of replies: 2
Moodle: 4.1.9+ (Build: 20240320)
Server os: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) x86_64
Web software: Apache 2.4.57
Database: 10.11.4-MariaDB

I don't actually am able to comprehend how one of the users achieved this, but here it is:
mismatched anonymous define() module: function (exports) {'use strict'; // Polyfills if (Numer.EPSILON ===indefined) .....

When accessing course via Google Chrome (only google chrome), he constantly gets this error. Even with basic troubleshooting completed error keeps occurring.
Was suggested multiple times to switch to different browser, but stubbornly continues bombard our support with this issue.

Any suggestions to prevent this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dens Z

Re: Java error

by Mark Johnson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This is Javascript, not Java. An important distinction as Moodle contains no Java code.

When you say "he constantly gets this error", where does he see it? Is the text you posted output to the page, or in the browser console?

Which page on the course is being accessed?

Do you have any third-party plugins installed? Are any of them in use on this course?

In reply to Mark Johnson

Re: Java error

by Dens Z -
javascript, yes sorry quick typing.

When accessing courses:
/my/courses.php

Outputs to browser instead of contents/course list.
No third-party plugins are in use from server side.

This most certainly is users device issue, because none other user (and we have more than 1000) have reported similar issues.
I can presume it's caused by some browser plugin that blocks or replaces certain things in page it self like forced site theme changes.