Urgent Help Needed: Moodle Redirecting to Directory Instead of Login Screen

Urgent Help Needed: Moodle Redirecting to Directory Instead of Login Screen

by Kaleem Ullah -
Number of replies: 4

Dear Moodle Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to seek assistance regarding a critical issue I have encountered with my Moodle platform. Recently, I've been experiencing unexpected behavior where upon clicking the login button, Moodle redirects me to a directory instead of presenting the dashboard.

This issue persisted for a day, and then I encountered another problem where, upon clicking the logout button, Moodle directed me again to the directory instead of the expected logout screen. Now, when attempting to access the Moodle URL directly, I am encountering an error stating "not found."

This sudden change in behavior has disrupted the normal functioning of our Moodle platform, and as such, I am urgently seeking guidance and support from the Moodle community to diagnose and resolve this issue.

Here are some additional details that might assist in troubleshooting:

• Moodle Version: 3.10.1.0
  • Hosting Environment: AWS
  • Error Messages: not found screen is attached.

I have already attempted basic troubleshooting steps such as clearing caches, checking file permissions, and reviewing server logs, but unfortunately, these efforts have not resolved the issue.

Any insights, suggestions, or guidance from the experienced members of the Moodle community would be greatly appreciated. I am eager to resolve this issue promptly to minimize disruption to our users' learning experience.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Sincerely, kaleemullah

Attachment WhatsApp Image 2024-03-21 at 5.18.51 PM.jpeg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kaleem Ullah

Re: Urgent Help Needed: Moodle Redirecting to Directory Instead of Login Screen

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Try purging the browser cache. From my end your site looks normal. Moodle responds under youruniversity/moodle/. Login screen looks normal and a random username/password pair brings the expected error message.

Alternatively try from a different computer or browser.
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Kaleem Ullah -
thanks sir for your kind replay, sir i have fixed it as i saw in main directory index.php file has been removed automatically, is there any reson for that how come an index file been removed or deleted automatically from the folders like (moodle, login )
In reply to Kaleem Ullah

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Do you mean you solved the problem by copying the index.php files back to moodle/ and moodle/login/ directories? Then there's something very wrong with your server, it shouldn't delete files!
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Kaleem Ullah -
yes i had taken files from my backup and paste them into working system but unfortunately that happens when i found issues i went to check the files index.php was not there in the directory.