Create reports

Create reports

by Melisa Skenderi -
Number of replies: 2

Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out to seek guidance on a specific functionality within Moodle that I'm hoping exists or might be achievable through a workaround or a plugin.

I am interested in generating a comprehensive Excel report that details the participation in e-learning courses. Specifically, I am looking to create a tabular view that lists each participant, their associated organization, and indicates whether they have not completed certain e-learning modules.

The ideal outcome would be a spreadsheet where I can easily see, at a glance:

• The name of each participant
  • The organization they belong to
  • A list of e-learning courses/modules they have not completed

Does Moodle offer a native feature that would allow for such detailed reporting? If not, are there any recommended plugins or third-party tools that could integrate with Moodle to produce this type of report? Additionally, any tips on how to best set up or customize reports to fit this requirement would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance. I'm looking forward to any suggestions or guidance you can provide.

Best regards,

Melisa

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melisa Skenderi

Re: Create reports

by Paul Holden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Melisa,

You could achieve this by creating a custom report from the "Course participants" report source, an example of which is below (which can then be exported to Excel):

Report builder custom report
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Paul Holden

Re: Create reports

by Melisa Skenderi -
Hi Paul,

you already helped me a lot, thank you!

Do you think it's possible to add a condition to filter global groups?