Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: This question is of a type that is not installed on your system.

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: This question is of a type that is not installed on your system.

by Ingo Marzolph -
Number of replies: 3
Hello,

we are randomly running into the error that is described here:
https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-74452

We are currently running on 4.0.03 and we are planning to upgrade soon.
Until we have the upgrade installed I would like to fix this issue if possible via the database.

Can someone guide me in a direction where and how I need to modify the data in the database to make the content available again for the teachers?

Thank you very much!
Ingo
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ingo Marzolph

Re: Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: This question is of a type that is not installed on your system.

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
The tracker you linked to says it's been resolved.
Besides that, not the same as what you are reporting ...
"This question is of a type that is not installed on your system."

Do you have any additional question types installed?
Go to Site Admin, Plugins, Additional Plugins to see.
You might see 'missing from disk' on one ... that's your
'question is of a type that is not installed'.

Install the question type.

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Re: Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: This question is of a type that is not installed on your system.

by Ingo Marzolph -
Hello Ken,

thanks for your response.

I think I have exactly the same issue as in the ticket.
Yes, this is resolved but we did not update yet and I would like to find a way to fix it manually before we have the updated Moodle version installed.

When I start an attempt in a question I see the error message: "Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: This question is of a type that is not installed on your system. No processing is possible." The same error message is shown in the ticket description by Tim Hunt.

We don´t have any additional question types installed. I also checked the Plugins, to be sure.

Michael Spall commented: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-74452?focusedId=931514&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-931514
"To be clear this breaks the question bank page as well. Often making it so you can't fix the question without access to the database. If you don't know which question was changed, you can't figure it out from the edit quiz page because that one doesn't load. As far as how likely faculty are to encounter this, it turned up shortly after adding faculty to our 4.0 test site. I am changing this to critical because, currently, without DB access this will often be unfixable."

I do have direct access to the database, so I am in hope that I can fix this issue before we are able to update Moodle.

Looking forward to your feedback!
In reply to Ingo Marzolph

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Tracker says fixed: 4.0.8, 4.1.3.
Didn't see any patch for the issue in the tracker.   So am assuming that updating your 4.0.3 to 4.0.12 will fix.
https://moodledev.io/general/releases/4.0

As a pre-caution, make a site backup - esp backup DB as well as export Quiz Bank.

'SoS', Ken