Course Section - Close Section when the student has completed all the activities within the Section

Course Section - Close Section when the student has completed all the activities within the Section

by Mike Smith -
Number of replies: 2
Dear Moodle Experts,

For Moodle's course section, is there a way to close the section when the student has completed all the activities within the section?

For example, suppose we have the below scenario,

Section: Self-Assessment
Quiz 1 (an activity)
Quiz 2 (an activity)
Quiz 3 (an activity)
Quiz 4 (an activity)
Quiz 5 (an activity)

If one of the quizzes under Self-Assessment section is not completed, then this section remains shown. If the student has completed all the quizzes (marked as done), then this section is hidden.

Thanks!

Mike
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Smith

Re: Course Section - Close Section when the student has completed all the activities within the Section

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Well I think you *can* do this by using the Restrict access feature in the topic section settings and Activity completion for each quiz and then ,making the section available only when the 5 quizzes have not been completed. So when the quizzes have been completed then the section should not display. But is this really a good idea pedagogically? What if the students want to go back and review what they did?
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Course Section - Close Section when the student has completed all the activities within the Section

by Mike Smith -
Dear Mary,

Thank you. I will go with your suggestion. I am currently managing 6 Moodle platforms, each platform for each department, each department wants to set their courses differently.

Kind regards,

Mike