User name change

User name change

by Neddi Gale -
Number of replies: 7
I have a user that had a name change. Her courses are sitting with her old name. I do I transfer all her course information to her old name? Thanks.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Neddi Gale

Re: User name change

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I just normally change their name on their Profile page.
Kind Regards
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Neddi Gale -
Thanks for the input. Our user accounts are created automatically, and now the user has 2 records. Is there a way to merge records?
In reply to Neddi Gale

by Ken Task -
Please see:
Do you have a development/test version of your production moodle that contains users?

Truth in sharing ... I've not had first hand experience with the plugin linked.

Best of luck!
'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
I have worked great for many versions and then we got goofy training records. We removed the plugin and no longer use it.
Kind Regards
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Gregor McNish -
We use LDAP for staff/student accounts, so if the username changes, this can result in an extra account.
What we do is (as long as they haven't done anything significant with the new account) -- suspend the new account, change it to manual authentication, which then allows updating the username (ie _deleted).
Then in the original account swap to manual authentication, save, update the username to the new username, save, then swap back to LDAP authentication and save again.
Then the new username is associated with the old userid, and everything should be fine. The firstname/lastname should update automatically (we have this set in our LDAP settings).

The contortions are necessary since various fields are locked when using LDAP authentication.
Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Gregor McNish

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
This is pretty similar to how we do it...

Ideally we just perform a DB update against the user record to change to username before they login with their new username...