Lost courses after upgrading to Moodle 4.3.3+ - Urgent

Lost courses after upgrading to Moodle 4.3.3+ - Urgent

by Sarveswaran Kengatharaiyer -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Translators
Hi

I lost all the courses which are created withing last two years when I upgraded from 3.11 to 4.3.3
We had Moodle 3.10, so I upgraded to 3.11, and then upgraded to 4.3.3+ via web browser.
During the installation, the database update got struck at 'editpdf', so move that directory, and continued the upgrade.

Now I see all the recent (last 2 year) courses are missing. I am clueless now.

Any help in this regard is much appreciated.

Thank you.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sarveswaran Kengatharaiyer

Re: Lost courses after upgrading to Moodle 4.3.3+ - Urgent

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Sarveswaran Kengatharaiyer -
Picture of Translators
Thank you for the quick response. Can I just restore database and the Moodle software files? Or it is must to restore Moodle data as well? Thank you again
In reply to Sarveswaran Kengatharaiyer

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
When you upgraded from 3.10 to 3.11 did you stop at that point and check the site?
IF all was ok, did you make a full site backup of the 3.11?   Full backup is code + DB dump + minimal moodledata/filledir.

The failed attempt to 4.3.3 and your attempted work-around wasn't really a fix so you have to restore from backups the last functioning site backup.

Your DB has been touched for sure.

You might get away with just code and DB restore but 4.3.x had higher PHP and MySQL requirements (version 8's).   So could restore the 3.11 backups you made .. but not the 3.10 due to PHP/MySQL requirements.

'SoS', Ken