Do not be put off posting but here are some things that might help you help yourself (or help us help you quicker)...
If you are asking for help, try to provide the following if you can (and if it is relevant)...
- What version of Moodle is this (it's in the version.php file or the Site administration > Notifications page at the bottom)?
- If you've had an error message, what is it? Please copy and paste it exactly?
- What is your operating system, what web server are you using, what database and what are the versions of everything (including PHP)?
- How was Moodle installed - especially if you used the likes of Softaculous, Bitnami etc. (clue - *don't* use these installers!)
- Check https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Releases. Is your version of Moodle supported? If it's not completely broken, consider upgrading. ALWAYS take a full backup first.
- What did you do? What instructions did you follow? What did you expect ? What went wrong?
- If it was working and now it isn't. What changed? Something did - even if it doesn't seem connected or relevant.
- If you're not using a core theme, switch to Boost and try again (loads of problems are caused by broken themes)
- Turn on debugging, check your logs. See the following section on Debugging...
- If you are talking about a system (of any description) that is not Moodle you may want to give links and/or a brief explanation. We don't all live in the same country or work in the same field.
Logs, messages and Debugging...
If you have a "white page of death", "Error 500", missing/broken things, an error message of any description or just weird behaviour the first thing to do is...
- Purge all caches if you can - see Developer_tools
- Switch on debugging in Moodle - see Debugging
- Reproduce the error
- Do you see additional messages and "traces". If it doesn't immediately solve the problem please post them into your question in this forum
- Check your web server's error log. The location will vary depending on operating system and web server software. Google should be able to tell you. If you're stuck please ask here with full details of your system. On hosted sites it may not be accessible to you at all and you may need to ask your support.
And last but not least...
- If you get good advice please 'rate' the response as 'Useful'. Useful points earn badges