Is it possible to create a quiz with one random question chosen in every subcategory in one stroke?

Is it possible to create a quiz with one random question chosen in every subcategory in one stroke?

Nosūtīja mario S
Atbilžu skaits: 1
Hi,
to explain what I am asking (and to which I couldn't find an answer) let me assume that my question bank contains the following category and subcategories:

Mammals -
                    |_ Cows
                    |_ Horses
                    |_ Dogs
                    |_ Cats
                    |_ Lions

Now, I want to create a quiz with one random question in every subcategory.

If I choose to add 5 random questions from category "Mammals" and I check the "Allow subcategories" box then, if I am not mistaken, my quiz actually gets 5 random questions but there is no guarantee that they are chosen just one in every subcategory: two, or even more, can very well belong to the same subcategory.

So, it seems to me that the only way to obtain such a quiz is to add manually five random questions, one per every subcategory.
My question is: am I right or am I missing something? I made a little research, but I couldn't find anything relevant.

Closely related: assume I want to create a quiz regarding just felines. Can I instruct Moodle somehow to extract two random questions just from the subcategories "Cats" and "Lions"? (BTW: tags are not an option, so I guess this could really be not possible).

Many thanks
Vidējais novērtējums: -
Atbildot uz mario S

Re: Is it possible to create a quiz with one random question chosen in every subcategory in one stroke?

Nosūtīja Rick Jerz
Particularly helpful Moodlers attēls Testers attēls

There may be different ways to accomplish your desire.  You seem to be on target.  Here is what I would do.

In Moodle's question bank, I would create a sub-category (maybe below your course or some other category, depending on how you are organizing your question bank) called Mammals.  Then, I would create five more sub-categories for the types of animals.  Then, put the appropriate questions into each animal-type sub-category (like 10 questions).

Then, on the quiz side of things, add the first question to the quiz, randomly picking one question from the Cows sub-category.  Then, add a second randomly selected question from the Horses category, and so forth.  Then I would randomly jumble all questions on the quiz.

The answer to your second question is yes.  Just use those two sub-categories.

Incidentally, you can't do this with other major LMSs, only Moodle.  Also, make sure to practice.