Stuck on current release Info Report after plugin install.

Stuck on current release Info Report after plugin install.

by Suzanne Goodfellow -
Number of replies: 3
My issue is with my brand new LMS site that I upload to Bluehost server via the Cpanel.  Actually, the site is up and running, but when I installed the Moove theme plugin (which appears in the theme file when I look in PHP manager),   After install, I got a current release information report that says:

But I have screen shots attached that show I have mysql in bluehost as version 8.0.  I am not sure what to do to get past this report.  When I log into my site, it takes me straight to this report shown above and I cannot do anything on the site until this is resolved.
Current release

MySQL version
I only know enough about Cpanel to follow directions.  I am not a developer but I managed to get the LMS installed and working via a YouTube video.
Thank you for any help!  
Suzanne G.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Suzanne Goodfellow

Re: Stuck on current release Info Report after plugin install.

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Re-read that ....
Your site appears to be running mysql (5.7.23-23).
Mysql 8 is required to run 4.3.2 of moodle

See chart
http://www.syndrega.ch/blog/#php-and-dbms-compatibility-of-major-moodle-releases
to see what versions of Moodle you can run under MySQL 5.7

In addition, DB server (according to PHPMyAdmin screen clip) is running character set utf8
and Moodle's now require utf8mb4.

Installing is more than just placing folders/files in the proper spot.
Has to check environment - where you are right now and if the environment passes, it then runs through a process to create a DB and tables in that DB for moodle.
Your PHPMyAdmin screen shot doesn't appear to have a moodle database?
Unless 'kaymartc' is supposed to be that database.
So your moodle isn't really installed.

What sort of lease do you have with Bluehost?   Shared server?  a VPS?

Also, mind sharing what video you were watching?   URL to it please.

'SoS', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ken Task

by Suzanne Goodfellow -
Ken,
Thank you for your response. However, it was not so helpful. I know what you are saying, I'm an amatuer, and should not be doing this, but, I'm a retired teacher trying to teach English to locals, not rebuild Google. This theme seems to be installed but I can't get past this screen. BTW, I wanted to use MoodleCloud but cannot bridge my moodlecloud with my wordpress site with a plugin so here I am.

My issue is, because i am not a developer nor do I know my way around Github.
Where can I find and how do I upgrade Mysql, if I am using a PHP Shared site on Bluehost? Bluehost's server is 5.7 and I am not likely to change that. My subdomain is running an upgraded Mysqlnd 8.1.

To answer your other queries. There is a moodle database called moodlehub. Kaymartc is the root directory of Kaymartco.com and learnenglish.guru with hub.learnenglish.guru as a subdirectory that will be bridged to learnenglish.guru domain.
Moodle seemed to be installed and it is registered, the moodle servers seemed to work before this issue.
Can you help me get off this screen or upgrade Mysql? If not, thank you for your comments and have a nice day!

There was also another issue in the Oher Checks section at the bottom of the Current release info screen:
max_input_vars this test must pass
PHP setting max_input_vars must be at least 5000. I think this needs to be changed in the program.
I think I need to talk with the programmer.
Thank you for responding,
Suzanne G.
In reply to Suzanne Goodfellow

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
@Suzanne ...

"However, it was not so helpful. I know what you are saying, I'm an amatuer, and should not be doing this, but, I'm a retired teacher trying to teach English to locals, not rebuild Google."

You should know, I too, am a retired K12 teacher ... Social Studies.   And think I have a rep. of being a 'straight shooter' ... meaning, 'tell it like it is' ... but don't think I've ever said to anyone ... 'should not be doing this'.

But ... Moodle serving is technical ... thus some technical lingo will be needed ... there is no way round that (regardless of experience level).

And I see in a thread by Azat Amirgali - Installation is failed. Error code: missingconfigversion
you used that info to solved issues - related to theme and other settings.

Good!   

You even responded there!

When it comes to talking to a programmer, that may not happen with all/any issues here in public forums which are for  DIY 'do it yourself' folks  hosting moodle whereever.
Forums, many of them, are a mix of beginners, folks with experience, and in some cases true developers of moodle code.    All that to say ... expect it!

But ... you've solved your problem.     Good!
We'll leave it at that then!

'Spirit of Sharing', Ken