Grades of some students are not showing up in the Gradebook

Grades of some students are not showing up in the Gradebook

by Simona Sliaupaite -
Number of replies: 4
Hello,

I am at a complete loss for the past few days. I have some quizzes assigned to people and in the Gradebook, some people's names are not included, but when I contact them, they send me screenshots that they actually completed the quiz and got a passing grade. When I download a report with all of the people who have access to the quiz, and which quizes they finished, it also shows as "Not completed" for those exact people.
I checked all the possible settings in every quiz, and course. I even checked other courses in which this problem doesn't appear, and the settings are the same.
I informed everyone to keep checking the bubbles which are indicated near every quiz name. They turn green when all the completion conditions are met, but for those people who see that they received a passing grade, the bubbles don't stay green.
The weird thing is that this happens to just some people. I also instructed them to make sure that they roles are set as 'Student', because that happened to me once when I did some quizes under a different role, but that didn't help them as well.
Any suggestions what could be done to solve this?
In reply to Simona Sliaupaite

Re: Grades of some students are not showing up in the Gradebook

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
When you say role set as student, this will not work if they have other roles and are just switching roles. Chances are that they have the preview quiz permission which will cause this behavior.
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Simona Sliaupaite -
Some people have to have multiple roles, but as I mentioned, this problem doesn't happen in other courses, even though mostly the same people have access to it.
Even when they don't change their role to "Student", the problem is still there.

by Simona Sliaupaite -
I also noticed that a lot of people have been facing the same problem here:
https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=377928

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
That post was from six years ago...are you still having issues? If it only happens in one course, maybe the permissions are set differently on that quiz...