We need your feedback to improve the activity chooser!

We need your feedback to improve the activity chooser!

by Sabina Abellan -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Moodle HQ

Hi everyone,

I’m Sabina Abellan, UX Designer at one of the Educational Solutions team at Moodle. Our team is working on improving the activity chooser in order to enhance the current experience, and we need your help!

We’ll be conducting a round of usability testing sessions to understand how well our design proposals meets your needs as a user, and we're looking for Educators and Content creator users.

The session will be an online test of 15-20 minutes maximum, and will consist of some general tasks and questions, and exploration of two different design options.

Feedback from our Community members and active users would be extremely valuable to this project, so we hope we can count on your participation.

If you or someone you know would be interested in participating, please send them the below link so they can perform the testing exercise.

Activity chooser · Usability test link

Many thanks for your participation,

Kind regards

Sabina

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Sabina Abellan

Re: We need your feedback to improve the activity chooser!

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Sabina Abellan -
Picture of Moodle HQ
Hi Visvanath,

I'm posting this message into several forums because it's related to the teacher user experience and also to the activity icons. We often encounter challenges in recruiting a sufficient number of participants from the community for our research studies, so posting in multiple related forums is more effective than limiting to a single one. 

Hope this make sense to you, 
Best regards

Sabina

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi

I understand your needs but not the means. If I'm an authority and the site policy says, "Post your question in one forum only", I wouldn't start by breaking it. But then, I am not an authority.

Not to mention that this practice could be contra-productive. Multi-posting could annoy some potential volunteers! Again "could", just a feeling.

On the "higher" aspects above a mere rule: I'm not good at explaining them. I feel like repeating the obvious. Here's a previous try which pretty much applies here: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=446185#p1794827. I hope, you'll understand that I'm not willing to elaborate on these things.

by Nathan Lind -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Thanks for asking us all for feedback, Sabina! Much appreciated! Just submitted my feedback! Nice work!
Nathan