How to reset the use of a scale to be able to delete it?

How to reset the use of a scale to be able to delete it?

by Hector Feliciano Rodríguez Figueredo -
Number of replies: 4
I need to delete a scale that was configured incorrectly, (as well as others that should no longer be used), however it has been used and grades with this scale have been given to different users, in different courses, at a production site with a number considerable number of courses and users, how can I from the administration correct this problem to eliminate it or restore it to 0 assignment which in this case would be the same, if there is a solution please, I would be grateful, from Cuba, atte.
Moodle version (4.1)

sorry for my english, i am spanish speaker and use "google translate"
In reply to Hector Feliciano Rodríguez Figueredo

Re: How to reset the use of a scale to be able to delete it?

by Q Peiffer -
Hi Hector! 

From MoodleDocs: "Once a scale is used for an activity, it is no longer possible to delete it, and you can only edit the scale name and description."

From what I understand, the only thing to do would be to find all the activities where the scale had been used, remove all the grades associated with the activity, change the activity grade type from "Scale" to something else (or to another scale) and after you've changed all of them, you can delete the scale.
In reply to Q Peiffer

I understand, thank you very much, however any possible solution I would greatly appreciate, tracking all the ratings for escalating users in some activity on my site would be too complicated manually, I will try phpmyadmin to see if I can track and then do what I need, I hope at some point the programmers implement some improvement in this regard, thank you very much for your response, atte.
In reply to Hector Feliciano Rodríguez Figueredo

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Hector,

Using phpmyadmin seems like the way to go for now. As for an improvement, you may like to vote for MDL-63433.

In reply to Helen Foster

Great!, thank you Helen for your timely suggestion, it will be of great help to me, thank you once again, at MoodleAcademy all your comments were very helpful to me every time I need advice, greetings to the entire team for the great and constant work they performs, Atte, from Cuba...