Test authentication settings - External database

Test authentication settings - External database

by Matej Rožič -
Number of replies: 0
Hi, this year we want to start with a fresh install of Moodle. I followed the guide docs.moodle.org/402/en/Step-by-step_Installation_Guide_for_Ubuntu.  Our server configuration OS: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS(server edition) PHP: 8.1.23 Apache: 2.4.52 MySQL: 8.0.34 Moodle: 4.1.5. Microsoft ODBC 18. I have trouble with External database user authentication. Now we have Moodle 3.9 and it works fine in the attachment picture of external database settings. The external database is a Microsoft SQL server. I copied the same settings to the new instance of Moodle 4.1 but it threw an error Connection attempt failed: could not find driver. The person who set up the current Moodle 3.9 is no longer with us so I can't ask him for advice. I followed the guides from Microsoft on installing drivers Install the Microsoft ODBC driver for SQL Server (Linux) (learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/connect/odbc/linux-mac/installing-the-microsoft-odbc-driver-for-sql-server?view=sql-server-ver15&tabs=ubuntu18-install%2Cubuntu17-install%2Cdebian8-install%2Credhat7-13-install%2Crhel7-offline) and Linux and macOS Installation Tutorial for the Microsoft Drivers for PHP for SQL Server (learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/connect/php/installation-tutorial-linux-mac?view=sql-server-ver16). Can you help me resolve this issue or give me the steps to start troubleshooting this problem?

Attachment Moodle 3.9 External database settings.png
Attachment Moodle Error.png
Average of ratings: -