Enabling guest access using SAML2 plugin

Enabling guest access using SAML2 plugin

by Luis Fernando Ortiz Giménez -
Number of replies: 1
Hello, good morning, I'm Luis and I have a question to ask you, first of all context:

Moodle version: Moodle 4.1.4+ (Build: 20230714)
     User access: via SSO using SAML2 version 2022111701
     Previously, we used local authentication and against LDAP
     Boost Union Theme

Topic I have received an incident from a user with the teacher role with editing permissions, that now there is no guest access, so some students (who have not yet finished enrolling in the institution and do not have access via SSO) cannot see that course, I have verified that

The course in question is well configured, allowing access to guest users with a password.
     The platform configuration has the button to show guest access on the main screen enabled.
     Guest access does not appear on the front page/main page
     On the login screen, the guest access button does not appear
     I have reviewed my test environment and access via SAML does not have a guest link either.

I think the problem is a possible incompatibility between using guest access and SAML for authentication, can you think of how to solve this?

Receive a cordial greeting
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luis Fernando Ortiz Giménez

Re: Enabling guest access using SAML2 plugin

by Luis Fernando Ortiz Giménez -
I answer myself, we have carried out the following processes:

We have indicated that they use the url URL_SITE/login/index.php?saml=off where the link/button to enter as a guest is, and we have changed the user authentication to prevent them from using the validation that appears there to prevent them from entering irregular shape.

I hope it helps others and greetings