Monthly Subscription for Course

Monthly Subscription for Course

by Jason Smith -
Number of replies: 1
I am not able to find documentation for this. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I am creating a course and it is supposed to be a monthly subsription. I have already set up a Stripe payment gateway and payment account.

I would like that someone signs up for the monthly subscription and then an account is automatically created and they are automatically enrolled in the course.

There should be 2 levels of monthly subscription.
Basic Membership @ $49 / month
Premium Membership @ $199 / month

I need to be able to create the sales page (or find where it is) and configure that.

Can someone please show me where to find this information?

Thank you
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jason Smith

Re: Monthly Subscription for Course

by Alex Morris -
Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Jason,

You'll need to have custom development work done to have a signup page like you describe, the payment gateway plugins (Stripe included) require the user to create an account first, navigate to the course page (You could link this on your Moodle home page so they can find it?), then signup to the subscription.

For setting up multiple levels of subscription with the stripe plugin, you'll need to:
- Create a second payment account (it can use the existing Stripe API keys) and set your second tier subscription options
- Add a second enrolment on payment method to the course using the second payment account
The user will be presented with the two options on the course enrolment page now, with stock Moodle the UI for this isn't very nice so again you would need some custom development here to make this look good.

Thanks,
Alex
Average of ratings: Useful (1)