Site broken after upgrading from 2.5 to 4.2

Site broken after upgrading from 2.5 to 4.2

by Kashif Rafi -
Number of replies: 4
It took me a lot of time upgrading moodle from 2.5 to 4.2, it was a success but after upgrade no css or js is loading from old theme, its my first time with moodle so i want a step by step guide on how to upgrade old theme.
Attachment anrantraining-com-au-Administration-Notifications.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kashif Rafi

Re: Site broken after upgrading from 2.5 to 4.2

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
2.5 to 4.2 is a big jump. So, without digging into exactly what you did, the first question is does it work with the core Boost theme?

Add the line...

$CFG->theme = 'boost';

...to your config.php file.

It may also be a good idea to https://docs.moodle.org/402/en/Developer_tools#Purge_all_caches
In reply to Howard Miller

by Kashif Rafi -
the default theme is working, except in admin, the navigation items are not clickable
In reply to Kashif Rafi

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
The smooth path is to uninstall the theme in the System administration > Plugins interface and then reinstall the theme. There are various ways of getting a theme. Ultimately they need to appear in the moodle/theme/ directly. Then Moodle detects them when the admin logs in next time and walks through the installation procedure (on the GUI).

The rough path is to just remove and replace the corresponding directory under moodle/theme/.
In reply to Kashif Rafi

by Kashif Rafi -
the theme issue was not resolved and i got a new one, whenever i go to site administration, it keeps asking for upgrade, the screenshot is attached
Attachment Current-release-information.png