untick slasharguments
but not of these solve the problem 
I am running moodle 3.9

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sally Abuhazeem

Re: Moodle is not showing CSS and theme

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

What is $CFG->wwwroot set to in config.php? This must match the URL you use in your browser to access the site, including the https: (or http:) part.

Open your browser's developer tools (for example: Network Monitor in Firefox) and reload the page. What do you see for CSS and JavaScript files? Do they load with status 200 (OK)? Or do they have some other status, for example 403 (Forbidden) or 404 (Not found)? If so, if you click on the request and view the response, is any error message shown?

In reply to Leon Stringer

by Sally Abuhazeem -
Hello,
It gives status 500

by Leon Stringer -

500 means Internal Server Error. If you click on the request in your browser's developer tools is any error message shown in the request's response?

Find your web server's error logs. Can you see the 500 responses? Are there any relevant error messages?

Find the log file PHP writes errors to. Are there any error messages? If you don't know the location of PHP's error log try using a phpinfo file to find the error_log value.

Enable debugging in Moodle by adding these lines to config.php. If this problem is caused by an error in Moodle debugging should show more details with error messages. But the problem may be with your web server's – or PHP's – configuration.

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Question: What is $CFG->wwwroot set to in config.php?

Anwer: It gives status 500

Really? Looking at $CFG->wwwroot triggers a Status 500 error?

In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Sally Abuhazeem -
$CFG->wwwroot = 'https://XXXXXXX';

(Edited by Mary Cooch to hide URL on request of OP - original submission Sunday, 21 May 2023, 11:17 AM)

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi

The site doesn't bring a 500 error. Instead it shows the dreaded "no CSS" view. Now it is necessary that you explain all the details of your installation, as explained in Before you post... read this...

P.S. If you don't want to expose the URL of your site, you may send a message to the forum moderator asking him to hide it.

by Leon Stringer -
I can see that requests for CSS and JavaScript files for your site return HTTP status 500 Internal Server Error. No details for these errors are sent to the browser, so you will need to track down the error logs for your web server and PHP. Hopefully you can find error messages that correspond to these failing requests.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Have you tried uninstalling the plugin?
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Sally Abuhazeem -
Yes, but it does not make any difference

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
How exactly did you install the plugin? I would try checking permissions and ownership for moodle and moodledata folders

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
In the Readme for the plugin it says:

"The Course certificate plugin works together with the **Certificate manager plugin (tool_certificate)**. The Certificate manager plugin has to be installed,"

Have you also installed the "Certificate manager"?

same version.

'SoS', Ken