max_input_vars error in istalling

max_input_vars error in istalling

autor brayan zabala -
Počet odpovědí: 5
Hi i'm installing moodle 4.2 into ubunto 22.10 x 64 with php 8.1 and an error pop up "max_input_vars has to be 5000 at least, i did change in the php.ini file that config to 6000 and still the error is showing and i can't install it. If you could help ot would be so much appreciated. 

Průměr hodnocení: -
V odpovědi na brayan zabala

Re: max_input_vars error in istalling

autor Ken Task -
Obrázek: Particularly helpful Moodlers
If you had to change a PHP parameter, your web service needs to be restarted so the new setting is then recognized.

'SoS', Ken

V odpovědi na Ken Task

autor brayan zabala -
Hi Ken, thanks for responding, i did restarted with "sudo service apache2 restart" but it will not let me install whatsoever.

Ri: Re: max_input_vars error in istalling

autor Sergio Rabellino -
Obrázek: Particularly helpful Moodlers Obrázek: Plugin developers
The only possibility is that you changed the wrong config file. There could be different php config files for php cli and the php used by the webserver. Obviously you have to change the second one. Maybe your web server uses php-fpm ?

autor Ken Task -
Obrázek: Particularly helpful Moodlers
How is your server hosted?   Not all hosting providers (HP) do things the same way.

You might need to consult hosting providers how-2's, FAQ's, and Docs.

Your HP might have apache set to use .htaccess files where one can set/change PHP settings for the domain that .htaccess file resides in.

'SoS', Ken

autor S G -
Try this :
1. Google for instructions on how to create and upload a simple 'phpinfo.php' file onto your server
2. Access the 'phpinfo.php' file through the browser
3. Crtl+F to search for php.ini and you will get the path for the php.ini file that is being used
4. Edit the php.ini file to change the max_input_vars to 5000 or higher
5. Reboot the server and you'll be able to proceed with the installation