Change an enrolled student to be a teacher

Change an enrolled student to be a teacher

gan Dan Bell -
Number of replies: 4
We have a user that is enrolled to a course as a student via cohort sync. How do I change their role in Moodle 4.1 in the three courses she is enrolled in to teacher role? I know how to enroll a new user manually as a teacher. I need to figure out how to change pre-existing user enrollment from a cohort sync to be teacher. 
Thanks! Dan
Cyfartaledd sgoriau: -
In reply to Dan Bell

Re: Change an enrolled student to be a teacher

gan Helen Foster -
Llun o Core developers Llun o Documentation writers Llun o Moodle HQ Llun o Particularly helpful Moodlers Llun o Plugin developers Llun o Testers Llun o Translators

Hi Dan,

You need to manually enrol the student as a teacher in each of the 3 courses and then remove them from the cohort. Their enrolment as student will then be removed automatically.

In reply to Helen Foster

gan Dan Bell -
Thank you.
The only twist in that is the next time another course is synced with the cohort, I will need to remember to enroll this user as a teacher. It'd be so convenient if you could just change a current enrollment to a different role.
In reply to Helen Foster

gan Dan Bell -
I just found a solution. On a course enrolment list you can use the pen to edit the current role. Just thought I'd share.
Cyfartaledd sgoriau:Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Bell

gan Helen Foster -
Llun o Core developers Llun o Documentation writers Llun o Moodle HQ Llun o Particularly helpful Moodlers Llun o Plugin developers Llun o Testers Llun o Translators

You're right - you can give users additional roles on the Participants/Enrolled users page. However, if they remain in the cohort then they'll remain as a student in the courses.