Change an enrolled student to be a teacher

Change an enrolled student to be a teacher

by Dan Bell -
Number of replies: 4
We have a user that is enrolled to a course as a student via cohort sync. How do I change their role in Moodle 4.1 in the three courses she is enrolled in to teacher role? I know how to enroll a new user manually as a teacher. I need to figure out how to change pre-existing user enrollment from a cohort sync to be teacher. 
Thanks! Dan
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan Bell

Re: Change an enrolled student to be a teacher

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Dan,

You need to manually enrol the student as a teacher in each of the 3 courses and then remove them from the cohort. Their enrolment as student will then be removed automatically.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Dan Bell -
Thank you.
The only twist in that is the next time another course is synced with the cohort, I will need to remember to enroll this user as a teacher. It'd be so convenient if you could just change a current enrollment to a different role.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Dan Bell -
I just found a solution. On a course enrolment list you can use the pen to edit the current role. Just thought I'd share.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Bell

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You're right - you can give users additional roles on the Participants/Enrolled users page. However, if they remain in the cohort then they'll remain as a student in the courses.