Unable to join the meeting. BigBlueButton Error

Unable to join the meeting. BigBlueButton Error

by İhsan Bilici -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

My Moodle server that I installed on VPS cannot connect to my BigBlueButton server that I installed on another VPS.

I tried many versions of BigBlueButtonbn plugin but got the same error every time: "Unable to join the meeting. Please check the url of the BigBlueButton server AND check to see if the BigBlueButton server is running.".

I tried to connect to my Moodle server with putty and ping to my BBB server from my Moodle server, but my Moodle server did not ping my BBB server.

On my Moodle server, the test server belonging to BlindSideNetwork is running, but my own BBB server is not.

Firewall is turned off on my Moodle and BBB servers.

And I can access my BBB server from my own computer, I tested it via bigbluebutton api-mate and there is no problem.

Moodle version: Moodle 3.7.9 (Build: 20201109)

BBB version: 2.5 (API version shows 2.0)

Best Regards

Attachment Opera Anlık Görüntü_2023-03-02_065659_uzem.emsbilisim.net.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to İhsan Bilici

Ri: Unable to join the meeting. BigBlueButton Error

by Sergio Rabellino -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
First of all, having the firewall down on both servers is not a good choice. The BBB Server own a public verifiable certificate ? From PHP the connection could fail if the certificate is a self-signed one.
You should check in moodle web server logs for any more significant errors in the connect test to BBB.
In reply to Sergio Rabellino

Ynt: Ri: Unable to join the meeting. BigBlueButton Error

by İhsan Bilici -
First of all, thanks for your response, the problem was self-resolved.
I'm guessing that there was maintenance or another something going on with my server hosting provider.
For this reason, there was a connection problem between Moodle and my BBB server, and then there is no problem since maintenance (or whatever the problem is) is now gone.
I am currently able to connect to my BBB server with Moodle.

Best Regards