Different Enrolment "agreements" for each course?

Different Enrolment "agreements" for each course?

by Scott McCulloch -
Number of replies: 7
I'm considering using Moodle to collect data for various research projects. I thought I'd use "courses" as the separate "research projects", within which I could include all informational pieces, and surveys/questionnaires/etc.

Part of what I'd need to be able to do is have a different Informed Consent/Confidentiality Agreement acknowledged for each project (course) - and it has to be explicitly acknowledged before participants can access the project (course) content.

Is there a way to have "customized" enrolments in Moodle for each course?

Something such that in order to enrol in a research project (course), the potential participant must first read and indicate agreement to the Informed Consent before finalizing enrolment? AND that the Informed Consent can be different for every research project (course)?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Scott McCulloch

Re: Different Enrolment "agreements" for each course?

by Rich Schumaker -
I haven't use it yet but I understand that the activity locking hack would lock access to couses module unless the student completes the proper module first.  You may want to investigate it further or make an inquiry to those folks who are already using it.

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Scott,

A possible solution would be to include the Informed Consent agreement as a quiz question on your site homepage. Users would indicate agreement by answering yes to the quiz question, then an enrolment key and course link could be provided in the quiz feedback.

Each project (course) could have its own Informed Consent agreement quiz question.

by N Hansen -
When students enroll themselves in a course, they are asked something like "You are about to enroll yourself as a student in this course. Are you sure you want to do this?" You can edit the text for this string for each course separately by creating a separate language pack for each course. This is what I did to create a separate agreement for a course.
In reply to N Hansen

by Scott McCulloch -
All good ideas! Thanks folks... I will investigate each to see which will fit in best with the overall flow of the site.

The one suggestion I'm not sure how to implement is the language pack/course.

How do you assign the language packs to individual courses?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Scott,

Please note that language packs may be assigned to individual courses using the Force language drop-down menu in the course settings.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Scott McCulloch -
Thanks Helen & N Hansen - that works perfectly!

One more "problem" -- I can't seem to get my custom enrolment agreement not to be centered. I'm using html to format the agreement, and most of it is fine, except that the whole thing is centered.

I've looked at the site theme files to see if there's something I can adjust there, but so far, no luck.

Where should I look to change the text alignment for the enrolment agreement page? Is it even possible to change it there without adversely affecting the rest of the site?

Thanks,
Scott

by Scott McCulloch -
A little poking around, and looking at the source of the enrolment agreement page, and I managed to figure it out.