Wrong notifications language

Wrong notifications language

by Ed Vac -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

when Moodle adds automatic notifications for teachers about students that have not compleated course yet (or any else actually) it allways adds it in default language to database (table notifications).

Is it any way to translate this notifications to teachers language before add to database?

I can see that Moodle have this translations in language packs, but somehow it does not work in my case.

Regards

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ed Vac

Re: Wrong notifications language

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Ed,

I agree that notifications should be in the preferred language of the user. Are you referring to Analytics notifications? If so, it would be good to create a tracker issue for it. (Please see the tracker introduction guide if you've not created a tracker issue before.) MDL-42263 is a similar issue covering assignment notifications for teachers.

In reply to Helen Foster

Odp: Re: Wrong notifications language

by Ed Vac -
Thank you for response.
I think my case is differend than MDL-42263.
My default language is PL. Teachers language is BG and students language is BG, but notifications are in PL.
I have about 8 languages and situations like above, but all my notifications in database are in PL.
All other translations works fine.
I think that there is some cron job, that sends this notifications, and because method get_string is used by cron, not by logged in user, it gets default language (PL in my case).
But I can't find file with this job. Do you know which file is responsible for sending this notifications?
In reply to Ed Vac

Re: Wrong notifications language

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Another issue relating to the language of course completion notifications is MDL-73949. However, it's about course completion whereas you mention notifications for course which is not yet completed.

Please can you explain how to reproduce the problem you are experiencing?