Language fallback to English problem

Language fallback to English problem

by Kilian Gandos -
Number of replies: 6

After modifying 2 strings of a language pack through moodle, giving an error when saving (error/Unable to find the filename for the 
component block_homework), we have the problem that one of the moodle languages ​​(not english, catlan in this case) goes to english
in the selection and from this mode we see the moodle in English despite selecting another language (image atached).

It occurs to me that we could install and uninstall the language pack, but I would like some help from someone who has experienced 
something similar so that I can find asolution without having to do this in production.

As information, when saving the strings in moodle data the ca_local folder was deleted, we put it back from a copy but the error
persists.

The moodle version we have is 3.9.

Thanks in advance.

Attachment 2022-05-04_114144.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kilian Gandos

Re: Language fallback to English problem

by Dominique Palumbo -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi,

did you clear all the caches ?

Dominique.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dominique Palumbo

by Kilian Gandos -
Yes, I did it and after that no changes for the issue.

by Kilian Gandos -
Anyone have any idea about the problem?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Sorry I don't have any ideas, however I am moving the discussion thread to the Languages forum where hopefully someone can help.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Kilian Gandos -
Thank you very much.

In case someone else has something similar, I managed to solve it.

After testing locally, the problem was not in the database, but in the moodle data. Having several recent copies, I have replaced the lang folder with one of the copies and the problem has been solved.

Greetings.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)

Re: Language fallback to English problem [Solved]

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Kilian, good to hear that you managed to solve the problem and thanks for sharing your solution.