How to structure a lesson and concepts of the sections within the lesson

How to structure a lesson and concepts of the sections within the lesson

by andrea Forneris -
Number of replies: 1

Hi all.
I finished structuring my first course, of a totally linear type, to make it simple I made that if you want to do a lesson you must have finished the previous one. Since for now they are all video lessons, I put them all in the minimum time spent in the lesson. And then everything is fine
two screens of the course index to make people understand

img1
i
im2

But when I'm INSIDE the section settings I'm a bit lost, in the sense that I don't quite understand where to put the contents of the lesson itself.
Since for now they are all videos, I put them in the description and you can see well, but it displayed an error message at the bottom, so I read somewhere that I had to put something in the Page content sections
and then I did as shown in the screen below, effectively solving the "problem" I had, but still not really understanding what and why I did it.
setting

Basically, I would simply like that at the bottom of the content of my lesson (so video + maybe two lines of description if necessary) there was a sort of menu that allows me to either return to the index, or return to the previous one, or move on to the next. if i finished this going on. But it's not like that right now .....

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to andrea Forneris

Re: How to structure a lesson and concepts of the sections within the lesson

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello there. I wonder if something is missing from your screenshots or post here? I am not quite sure how you have set up your Lesson but personally I would put the video in a Content page and then under that content page where it says 'Content 1' I would type something like 'Finish the lesson' and then set the jump to 'End of lesson'. If you like, in the actual Lesson settings,in the 'Appearance' section, there is a setting where you can direct them to the next activity on your course page once they have finished the lesson. However they might need to refresh their page or go back to the main page if activity completion/restrict access has not been triggered yet. Worth a try though.