Administation menu disappeared after 4.0 update

Administation menu disappeared after 4.0 update

by Wouter van Dort -
Number of replies: 10

After upgrading to 4.0, the submenu at the "site administration" page disappeared while using Boost as theme. See picture:

As far as I know, there are no plugins installed which could interfere with this menu creation. Administrating the site is now less intuitive, as all settings has to be found by using the search field.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wouter van Dort

Re: Administation menu disappeared after 4.0 update

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I don't know what you mean.... what's missing?

EDIT:
Actually, the breadcrumb looks wrong. Is this definitely the latest/correct version of the Boost theme...

In reply to Howard Miller

by Wouter van Dort -
I mean that the tabs "General", "Users" etc are not showing up. The version of boost I'm using is 2021051700, which just did come within the update as far as I know

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
That's NOT the release version of Boost...

$plugin->version = 2022041900;
In reply to Howard Miller

by Wouter van Dort -
Ahh my bad, I copied the old themes folder, but forgot to update the boost theme. Thanks!

Odp: Administation menu disappeared after 4.0 update

by Mariusz Mit -
I have the same problem with my custom theme, there is no menu so I can't even switch to Boost theme. My custom theme is Boost based (ver. 2022041900). Where can be the source of this problem?
Attachment Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 16-29-2 Administration.png
In reply to Mariusz Mit

Re: Odp: Administation menu disappeared after 4.0 update

by Wouter van Dort -
You can change your theme by using the search field, search for theme, and then choose the theme selector

Odp: Re: Odp: Administation menu disappeared after 4.0 update

by Mariusz Mit -

There is no such option

Attachment Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 16-46-01 Administration Search.png
In reply to Mariusz Mit

Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Administation menu disappeared after 4.0 update

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Put the following line in config.php:
$CFG->theme='boost';
In reply to Mariusz Mit

Re: Odp: Administation menu disappeared after 4.0 update

by Howard Miller -
"my custom theme"

Does it work with the core Boost theme? I strongly suspect that all these pre Moodle 4 themes are going to require some work.